Valentine’s Day Chocolate Chip Almond Lumpies
Happy Valentine’s Day friends-
I love chocolate- and chocolate chip cookies are one of my all time fav’s. But they can be loaded with refined white sugar, bleached white flour, and if you buy them pre-made, loaded with hydrogenated oils. UGH! They may taste good going down, but the sugar crash that follows is not so pretty. In my quest to find healthy, delicious, kid pleasing and family pleasing dishes- I have come up with this one that is a HIT! On all fronts- Kids, hubby and of course me! It has even been the star of a recent retreat as the favorite dessert item that beat out Whole Foods chocolate chip cookies in the taste test. YAY! So why the name Almond Lumpies- When my kids were little I made these and they named them almond lumpies when they found out they were made with almond flour. the way we scooped them out onto the pan- make them look like little lumps. So there you have it- Almond Lumpies- the name stuck!
It is loaded with REAL food items. No chemicals, additives, preservatives and a good balance of healthy fats, protein and sweetened with raw honey. Because it is made with almond flour it is gluten free- and the almonds, eggs and coconut oil help balance out the sugar from the honey to keep blood sugar levels from spiking. So enjoy your chocolate today. I am!
- 5 cups Almond meal- I buy mine from Trader Joe's
- 1 t. Pink Himalayan salt
- 1 t. Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Organic or raw milk butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup organic shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup raw soaked pecans- Soaked overnight then dehydrated- (I have a batch ready in my pantry for baking )
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 cup Dark chocolate chips
- Combine all dry ingredients plus pecans in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a small sauce pan, heat coconut oil and butter on low heat until melted.
- add raw honey to oil mixture and stir.
- Add honey and oil mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- whisk eggs in another bowl.
- Add eggs to large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add chocolate chips and stir.
- Scoop out cookies by the tablespoonful and place on stoneware pan. If using another type of pan- use parchment paper on pan first and place cookie dough on the paper.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.