Coconut flax low carb pancakes
Tomorrow our family starts the 30 clean family challenge. We will be eliminating gluten, dairy, soy and sugar for 21 days. So today I am experimenting with what to make for breakfast tomorrow. These are a winner!
For those of you that are following a clean eating program that focuses on real food that is dairy free and grain free, these are a delicious option. They fit into a Keto diet and even a whole 30 program and they really hit the spot when you are feeling like you need something similar to a bready carb. Who would have thought you could eat pancakes? Well these are low carb and filled with healthy fats too!
You can serve them with sliced strawberries or even top with some heavy whipping cream if you are on the Ketosis diet (and can do dairy- Or use coconut cream that has whipped.) Serve them for breakfast, a snack or even “breakfast for dinner.”
I’ll be making theses again and again. They taste even better than the ones made with flour. Give them a try. They may be one of your new favorites too.
- ¾ cup almond or any nut butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2- 3/4 C. Ground Flax meal
- ⅓ cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil for greasing
- Optional: Fresh sliced organic strawberries
- Dump everything in a bowl. I used my hand blender to mix it all up.
- Cook on a cast iron skillet that has been greased with coconut oil or ghee to keep it dairy free. If you can eat diary- go ahead and use butter! 😉